In most cases, much consideration goes into the pillows people sleep on. They make sure that it is precisely the perfect amount of softness, just the right amount of firmness, and the proper form for their body. On the other hand, only a few individuals give much thought to what they put on top of their pillows.
Indeed, pillowcases are frequently overlooked, although they are a vital component of every bed set, can protect both your skin and your pillow, and are typically the first thing to go missing from a bed. Because of this, selecting the appropriate pillowcase will not only ensure that your pillow remains in pristine condition for a considerable amount of time, but it will also provide you and the people around you with a higher quality of sleep. And the best solution is to use completely plain pillowcases.
Because we know how essential it is to possess a pillowcase that is both well-fitted and crafted from high-quality materials, we have compiled a short instruction manual that will ensure you always select the best option when shopping for a new pillowcase.
How To Match The Color And Pattern Of Your Pillowcases To Your Sheets And Comforter
If you are ready to take a more daring approach to your bedroom design, pair printed sheets or a patterned comforter with plain pillowcases that coordinate. Pick out some plain pillow cases that go well with the print (all jewel tones or all pastels), or take a colour directly from the pattern and repeat it. You can also pull colour from a pattern found somewhere else in the room without overwhelming it.
For example, you could pull lavender from the drapes or mirror a shade of blue from the carpeting. You won't have the clean canvas of white sheets when you combine prints with complementary solids, but you'll still have plenty of wiggle room to alter the pattern whenever you're ready for a new look.
Combining a few different patterns calls for the highest level of orchestration of any step. If you want the patterns to look cohesive, you need to choose a colour that brings them all together. Your floral-and-stripes combination could be combined using bright yellow in both patterns. What do you think of a comforter with large medallions and sheets with tiny dots? It will work if both of them are in black and white.
How To Pick Out Colors For Bedding When Using Simple Pillowcases
Your bed does not exist in a vacuum; instead, you should look at the bedroom's furniture, walls, and overall style to determine what colours will work best.
- Wicker and light wood furnishings are great complements to lighter colour palettes. Imagine a beach house with a colour scheme emphasising tans, pastels, blues, and neutrals. Another option is to imagine a Scandinavian hygge aesthetic with luxurious creams and whites.
- A bohemian bedroom might be decorated in opulent jewel tones such as peacock, mustard, paprika, teal, or merlot to create an atmosphere that is a feast for the senses.
- A sophisticated and understated appearance? Choose hues or shades that have a classy appearance. Consider using sateen for your bedsheets and duvet cover so that its sheen and drape may be displayed.
- If you adore a particular hue, consider using only that one. Use gradations within the same colour scheme to create depth and visual interest. For example, you could use lavender, violet, and deep indigo instead of having an all-violet bed.
- When designing a space for a child, consider their preferred hue. Begin by selecting a duvet cover, comforter, or sheet with a pattern that features the colour in a way that they will like. After that, you may incorporate that hue into the bedding and other aspects of the room without having to worry about anything not going together.
What Dimensions Should Your Standard Pillowcase Have?
Now that you know which materials are superior, it is essential to consider the dimensions of your pillowcase. Since you already have a pillow, you should ensure that the cover is the right size. Although selecting a pillowcase is a simple step, it can be challenging.
In Europe, standard pillow sizes can be divided into four categories. There is a standard rectangular pillow shape; its dimensions are 48 centimetres by 74 centimetres. This particular variety of pillow is typically suggested for use on mattresses measuring double, king, and super king in size. The standard size of a European bed is 65 cm square, giving it a square shape. The queen pillow is much like the average pillow; it is only a little longer. The standard dimensions for a queen pillow are 54 inches by 80 centimetres. The even longer king cushion measures 50 by 90 centimetres and is intended for use on king-sized beds.
Take the dimensions of your pillows. Some people sleep their entire lives on a pillowcase that is too small for them, not recognising that they require a large pillow cases one. Use gradations within the same colour scheme to create depth and visual interest. These specialised pillows may have standard dimensions, but because of their profile, they need a more giant pillowcase. This will allow the pillow to have a better fit and give it room to breathe.